Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Change the Sinner




When we receive salvation we are looking for a way to avoid paying for our sins.  When I received Christ in my heart, I wanted to avoid going to Hell.  I realized that I needed God’s help to get to Heaven, but what I didn’t realize was that God started a work in my heart that day.  He started drawing me closer to Him, and away from the world and the devil.  This work will continue until the day I die.  It will be a struggle to choose right over wrong all of my life.  Should I drink, smoke, do drugs, and have sex?  Or should I read my Bible, go to church, respect my parents, and do right?  It can be a tough choice, especially if you have been saved later on in life! 
Paul said in Romans 7:19 “For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.” Paul tells us that he fought to live like Christ, he did not stay comfortable with his sin.  
 If you have accepted Christ, you have a responsibility to live like Him!


No comments:

Post a Comment