Search This Blog

Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday's Message: His Eye is on the Sparrow


His Eye Is On The Sparrow

       Mrs. William Stillman Martin had experienced the protecting hand of the Lord during an illness. The incident was so precious to her that she wrote the song, “God Will Take Care of You.”
       Once she visited a friend, and related her story and hoping in some way to help relieve the friend’s depressed state. After hearing the story, the friend said, “You know, I shouldn’t worry, should I? We are promised in the Bible that God watches over the little sparrows.”
       They then had a little time of rejoicing over God’s wonderful watchful care and protection.
       When she arrived home, Mrs. Martin sat down and penned this song.
++++++++++
 
Why should I feel discouraged?
(1) Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart be lonely,
And long for heav’n and home,
 
CHORUS: I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He cares for me.
 (2) When Jesus is my portion?
My constant Friend is He;
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me,
(3) His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me

No comments:

Post a Comment