Search This Blog

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Family Friday: How Big Is God?




How Big Is God?
            Have you ever heard the song “My God Is So Big”?  I sing that often with my Sunday School class, and we make big hand motions with it.  It’s a fun song that gets the children moving with positive energy instead of misbehaving.  How often, though, do we sing the song automatically and not really think about what it means?  I want my children to realize at an early age that God is awesome!  His attributes are countless, and they are eternal!  My children will not learn by accident how wonderful God is; I must bring it to their attention each and every time I notice God in circumstances around us.  Get in the habit of praising Him in front of your children.  Praise and worship can be private, but it should also be public sometimes for others to learn from you.  Tell them when God answers specific prayers.  Be the magnifier in their lives and show them that God is so big!

My God is so big, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do!
My God is so big, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do!

The mountains are His, the rivers are His
The stars are His handiwork, too.
My God is so big, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do!

No comments:

Post a Comment