Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

We Pray Wednesday: Prayer Testimony - Krista





Philippians 4:6-7
Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I claimed these two verses for the first time when my husband and I began deputation to start a church in Hawaii. With only a few churches supporting us, we were thrilled that our Boston terrier, Daisy, had a litter of seven puppies that we were able to sell. We sold one puppy, found a puppy sitter for the rest, and headed out west for several weeks of meetings. We were able to use the puppy money to travel, and it was such a blessing.
Everything was going well until we received a call from the man who bought the first puppy. "We took the puppy to the vet, and it has coccidia. It's treatable, but it needs medicine or it will die."  I had never even heard of coccidia.  He had called to inform me that if one puppy has it, chances are the rest of the littler has it. I hung up, and prayed that the rest of the litter didn't get it.
A day later, our puppy sitter called and said all 6 of the remaining puppies were very sick, but they didn't have a way to take them to the vet.
I called the vet that the first puppy had visited, and told him that I thought the rest of the litter had coccidia, and he informed me that he would need to see all of the puppies, along with the momma, and it would be $50 per puppy, plus another $25 per puppy for the medicine. My heart sank. We didn't have the money for that, or even a way for the puppies to get to the vet for that matter.
I called several vet offices, and they all pretty much told me the same thing. I googled coccidia, and realized that I couldn't get the medication they needed without a prescription. I really didn't know what to do.
I decided to just sit down and have my morning devotions. It just "so happened" that I was reading in Philippians. Chapter 4, verses 6-7 jumped out at me, and I read these two verses several times. I decided to claim them. I went to God with a thankful heart, told Him my problem, and asked Him to take care of everything. Then, I asked Him to guide me, and show me what to do.
Our puppy sitter called again and informed me that the puppies weren't doing very well, and would probably die. I felt so helpless, because we were over 2,000 miles away, and there wasn't anything I could do. It was easy to feel overwhelmed after that, so I had to stop and pray and gave the problem to God again.
The next afternoon, I got a call from a receptionist at one of the vet offices that I had called the day before." I talked to one of our vets and told him about your situation," she said. "We both feel like the vet who saw one of your puppies should have written a prescription for all of the rest of the puppies. So, here's what he did; He wrote a prescription for your puppies, even though we've never seen any of them, and we really aren't supposed to do this. We have the medicine in stock, and it will be about $6 per puppy. I'll have the medicine here at the desk if you can have someone pick it up." I thanked her profusely, and told her I would try to call around and find someone to come pick it up, because the vet was located about an hour away from where the puppies were. "Where are the puppies?" She asked. I told her, and she said, "What a coincidence! My mother is in the hospital close to there, and I was going to drive down and visit her today. I'll just bring the medicine with me and drop it off."  She did, and I had to pay less than $30 for everything. The puppies were soon healthy and happy again, and we were able to sell them all to wonderful homes.
I've claimed these verses so many times since then. If God cares that much about my puppies, I guarantee that He cares about your problem, too. Claim these two verses! I'm convinced that God allows us to get into situations where we feel overwhelmed and helpless just so He can come through for us in an amazing way. Give it to Him. Don't stress and worry. He's totally capable of taking care of everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment