Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2016

Family Friday: Tomorrow is Another Day!





Sometimes you just have to make yourself remember that tomorrow is another day, and God's in control of that one, too! A year from now those thoughts that are rushing through your mind, and those circumstances that keep the tears right there ready to spill, and those sleepless nights you are enduring will all be a distant memory...a shadowy memory that's lost all the glaring detail. For now--how wonderful it is to have a Friend that sticketh closer than a brother!
"I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.”  Psalm 18:1-2
Our lives can include some REALLY tough days, can't they?  One thing that I know for sure is that no matter how tough the day may be there are still many more blessings in the life of a child of God than there are hurts, struggles, fears, disappointments, etc. It just can't be any other way! God is our Father, and He's REALLY good at fulfilling His role in our lives! One of the ways I have used to put my troubles in perspective is by comparing what I'm going through against a worst case scenario, and my, how quickly my view becomes corrected! I may ask myself..."Would I rather be facing this or the death of a loved one?" "Would I rather have this serious financial problem to dig myself out of or would I rather my child have a serious life altering disease?" Looking around us, we can see that people do struggle with these worse case scenarios, and I have never failed to feel grateful for the circumstances that ARE at hand instead of the possible ones!! God knows what we can bear, and He only allows in our lives what He is able "to mean for good!" Thank You, Jesus! I love you so!

No comments:

Post a Comment