Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2016

Family Friday: Psalm 81




Psalm 81:10-11 I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it. But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me.
As I was having my normal Bible reading time, I was reading this verse when it seemingly jumped off the pages. During those moments, I had felt very overwhelmed with all that had to be done for that week. When I read these verses, tears immediately came to my eyes, as I realized, again, how much God wants us to come to Him with every stress, trial, and overwhelming moment (as seemingly so many women have). God knows every thought we have, as He knows how many hairs are on our head. He is our God, but the Lord desires an intimate relationship with us as well. Why is it that we do not bring every problem and every request to the Lord? God even knows the prayers that we should pray that we do not even know that we need to pray. He said, “Open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.” The Lord can even strengthen us to pray for the things that we need strength for. What an amazing thought! 
One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Philippians 4:6 which states, Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. We should not worry about anything; in fact, it is a sin to worry. Sometimes, I become guilty of being a burden to the ones whom I love because I have become burdened down with pressures that are unnecessary. God wanted to carry Israel through their trials, and be their protector as He showed them how He could save them time and time again as they left Egypt. The psalmist says that Israel would none of me. This verse breaks my heart when I think of how our Creator wants to spend time with us, and yet so many times we ignore Him. How many times do I wake up in the morning, and do not even acknowledge that the Lord kept my heart beating throughout the whole night while I was sleeping? Let us examine ourselves to see what place Christ has in our life. “God, help me to know your power in my life!”

Used with permission by Jackie Carr.

No comments:

Post a Comment