7. To promote a spirit of maturity.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”
“Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.”
8. To exemplify a distinct lifestyle not conformed to the world. conformed transformed “For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light.” “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
in put on in put on
9. To protect the thoughts and innocence of young men and young ladies. accident looked for
“Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.” “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.”
10. To be a clear witness of the Gospel.
“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
produce reflect product pure heart proud
In closing, think about that bowling alley. Somebody there really respects that environment. When it comes to dress—do you care as much about honoring the Lord as they do about bowling?
· BY CARYSCHMIDT – used with permission