Search This Blog

Friday, September 1, 2017

Family Friday: Attitude Problems




How’s your attitude?
                Your attitude is often reflected in your children.  Do you find that they are having trouble obeying you often times?  Perhaps you are having trouble obeying God.  Are your children having trouble with their speech? Perhaps you are having trouble with yours.  Are your children having trouble with anger?  Perhaps you are having trouble with often showing anger. 
                It has been said that the difficulties we have are magnified in our children.  Therefore, the sin issues with which we struggle will be even more apparent in our children.  I don’t know about you, but that alone is enough incentive for me to be careful of my actions!  Philippians 4:5 tells us, “Let your moderation be known unto all men.”  When I am tempted to “let loose” with my emotions, God tells me to exercise self-control.  When I am having a rough day, I cannot let that affect how I treat my children when I get home from work.  When I am not feeling well, that does not give me license to use unkind words and tones with others.  When I am frustrated with situations at work or with finances, that does not make it permissible to be angry with those around me.  I Corinthians 10:31 says “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. Can I claim this verse if I am letting my emotions take control of me?
                Our children need to have a correct pattern of attitude and behavior; then they can model their lives after that pattern.  I want to do all I can, with God’s help, to be the right example for my children.  Perform an attitude check on yourself, then begin changing what needs changed.  Ask God for wisdom, then use it to improve your attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment