Search This Blog

Monday, August 28, 2017

Monday's Message: Jesus Loves me


Jesus Loves Me 

       Without doubt the hymn that has influenced children for Christ more than any other is this simply stated one, “Jesus Loves Me.”
       Anna Bartlett Warner wrote this text in 1860 in collaboration with her sister, Susan, as a part of one of the best-selling novel of that day. The novel was written by Susan, entitled Say and Seal.
       In the novel, one of the characters, Mr. Linden, comforted Johnny Fax, a dying child, with the words of “Jesus Loves Me.”
       Anna and Susan Warner were highly educated and deeply devoted Christian young women who lived all of their lives along the Hudson River in New York, in a lovely but secluded area apart from the busy world.
       Their home was near the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, and for a number of years these two sisters conducted Sunday School classes for the young cadets. Their home, Good Crag, was willed to the Academy and made into a national shrine.
       Both sisters were buried with military honors in recognition of their spiritual contributions to the lives of the young military officers.
—Adapted from Kenneth Osbeck


Jesus Loves Me, This I Know

      
(1) Jesus loves me! this I know,
For the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak but He is strong.
      
CHORUS: Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes,  Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
      
(2) Jesus loves me! He who died
Heaven's gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.
      
(3) Jesus, take this heart of mine,.
Make it pure and wholly Thine;
On the cross You died for me,
I will try to live for Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment