Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

We Pray Wednesday: Prepared Hearts




Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."

When I am out soul-winning it just amazes me the number of people you run across that get saved and you realize each and every one that accepts Christ as their Savior was a heart that was prepared by God to hear the truth of the gospel, that was presented to them by you. WOW! God used me; He heard my prayer for prepared hearts to witness too. Some are so obvious, like what do I need to do to be saved, while others may be easily distracted or put up a futile attempt  to try and convince you of their salvation after having told you  it is their good works they are trusting in.  I recently knocked on a door and a man who obviously had been awakened by my knocking came to the door.  “Did I awake you,” I asked? Now in my mind, I am saying no way is he getting saved! But before long, I was able, with God’s guidance, to lead him to a saving knowledge of Christ. Glad I did not listen to the thought I had when I first awakened him.  After giving him assurance of salvation and a personal invitation to our church, I then blurted out, “Hey aren’t you glad I woke you up awhile ago?”  And with a big grin on his face he replied, “I sure am, thank you so much.” Just another prepared heart harvested with the truth of the gospel. How about it soul winner, does your prayer for lost souls include, “Dear Lord, please give me prepared hearts to share the gospel with today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment