Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Thoughtful Thursday: Stuff




I love January (except for the weather…give me Spring)!  Wherever you go, it seems there is talk of refresh and resolve.  Optimism and change are everywhere!  It can be contagious, but also a bit overwhelming trying to make and keep all of our resolutions.  
So as to keep some focus, each year I’ve tried to choose just one word that I will use to propel and guide my goals for the year.  Some I have used in the past have been:
-Peace
-Consider
-Euchristeo (Giving Thanks)

This year I have decided to use DE-CLUTTER as my word.  I plan to de-clutter my house, my mind and my life overall.  I don’t know about you, but I tend to just have a lot of stuff.  In my house, I have stuff that covers the walls, stuff that covers the counter, stuff that fills the closets, drawers and cabinets.  In my mind, I have stuff that clutters my thoughts and stuff that preys on my anxiety and fears.  In my life, I have stuff that takes up my time unnecessarily, and stuff that I want to do but don’t have the time.  There is always something to do and always a race to do it.  
With all this stuff, I don't believe that I am allowing myself the chance to focus on the important things.  The things that really matter.   
As I go through 2017, I will ask myself quite often if this thing (item, thought, time) brings value into my life.   If the answer is no, then it likely needs to go or at least needs to be re-prioritized.  I want to place more time and value on the things that matter most.  The eternal things.  The things that please God.  I want to fill my home, my mind and my time with things that bring happiness and joy, not just to me, but to those around me as well
So, in 2017, with God’s help…I will get rid of STUFF!  Let the DE-CLUTTER begin…
1Timothy 6:6-7  But godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
 I’m curious to know if you choose a word or a theme for your year.  If so, please share.  
Happy New Year!  I pray that 2017 brings you much joy and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment