Search This Blog

Friday, July 28, 2017

Family Friday: Lead with your Head




Lead With Your Head
 
Do you ever have those days when you just don’t feel like acting as a
parent should act?  Do you ever want to just act like a child and have fewer
responsibilities?  I can answer both these questions for myself: YES! Most likely,
you have, too.  However, that is not how God instructed us to act. When I just
feel like “doing my own thing”, I must choose to lead by the knowledge of God’s
Word, not by my feelings.
  As a man, Jesus knew what it was to feel weary.  I’m pretty sure there
were times he was frustrated with his followers for their lack of understanding
or for failure to follow His instructions.  Many people misunderstood Him, and
some even hated Him.  At times, we parents may feel misunderstood and
unloved, too.  This is when we must choose to lead with our head, not our
heart.  
  There are many verses about how our heart will deceive us and cause us
to believe lies about others and the situations around us.  If I choose to follow
my heart, I will act childish, get my feelings hurt, and do what seems best for
me.  If I choose to follow the principles of God’s Word, I will dwell on His
goodness, consider others before myself, and demonstrate Godly actions.
Choose to lead with your head, not your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment