Search This Blog

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Thoughtful Thursday: He is so good to me!

I read the following devotion in "a daily WORD" by Paul Chappell.  It was a blessing to me, so I asked for permission to share it with our readers to hopefully allow it to be a blessing to you also.




Nahum 1:7 
The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him."
Corrie Ten Boom was in a concentration camp in Germany with her sister during World War II.  Years after the war, as she reflected on God’s goodness, she wrote, “Often I have heard people say, ‘How good God is! We prayed that it would not rain for our church picnic, and look at the lovely weather!’ Yes, God is good when He sends good weather, but God was also good, when He allowed my sister, Betsie, to starve to death before my eyes in a German concentration camp. I remember one occasion when I was very discouraged.  Everything around us was dark, and there was darkness in my heart.  I remember telling Betsie that I thought God had forgotten us. “No, Corrie,’ said Betsie, ‘He has not forgotten us.  Remember His Word: For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward them that fear Him.’”
Have you ever praised God’s goodness when skies were blue, but questioned Him when the storm clouds rolled into your life? We easily praise God when things go well but neglect Him when we find ourselves in trouble.
We sometimes think the Christian life is a life of relaxation, happiness, and ease.  While there is joy and ease of burdens, God never said the Christian life would be a breeze.  We still face loss, trials, difficulties, and tough times.  It is often when things aren’t going exactly as we planned them, that we think God isn’t being good to us.  But just the opposite is true!  God always has our best interest at heart!  Everything He does is for our benefit –even trials.
Have you questioned God’s goodness during a trial? Don’t allow Satan to take your focus off God and onto difficulties.  Never forget that God has saved you from eternal punishment and has blessed you with so many things! Remember that God is always good no matter what happens in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment