Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

We Pray Wednesday: The Beauty and Blessedness of Prayer (Part 2)



The Beauty and Blessedness of prayer.
(Part 2)

What love, what graciousness, what mercy, what understanding, what compassion and what comfort we get from our marvelous magnificent God. That indescribable benefit that we receive PERSONALLY from our God. You might ask what I mean by personally.  God is so very personal.  He tells us and shows us things that are so personal that if you tell others, they may not believe you. They may say you are crazy or maybe you are a radical fake. That is one of the ways that God reveals Himself to us, is through answered prayer. As far as I am concerned, it is those true manifestations of God that encourage and strengthen my faith. Every time God answers one of my personal prayers, I get the giggles and I weep because I am so privileged to have a mighty God reach down out of a majestic throne to speak to a lowly person like me. I am so proud and so honored to testify that my God has taken time and answered many of my prayers in my 35 years of being a Christian. Amen!!
I am just a simple Cajun that is basically confined to one tiny area of this universe, geographically located in southwest Louisiana, better known as God’s country. Amen!  However, I am also very rich and powerful.  I am rich because I am a joint heir with Jesus Christ who owns everything that we can see and comprehend, and everything that we cannot see and comprehend. He is the creator and owner of everything inside, outside and beyond all that we know about and ALL that we don’t know about. He is THE MOST POWERFUL OF ALL AND EVERYTHING and I am His and He is mine, which makes me very powerful. I AM A CHILD OF THE KING. Amen!!

Due to the fact that I am but a lowly Cajun and not a great writer or philosopher or theologian, the only thing that I can do to help others understand about The Beauty And Blessedness of Prayer is to share with you a few of my life’s experiences that I KNOW God was in the midst of. The first prayer that ever hit Heaven for me was between 11:30 and 12:00 that glorious morning on September 17, 1979 at a little Baptist Church in Carlyss, Louisiana where I called out to God and He answered.  Hallelujah! Some may not think of that as a big deal, but I promise it was a big deal then and it is a big deal today. Pay close attention now, especially you that doubt that God can hear. On that morning, the most powerful force in all the universe and beyond entered into my being in the form of THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD. I have never been the same since. It was SUPERNATURAL!  I got gloriously saved that day! That was a product of my first PRAYER. There have been many thousands of prayers that have gone up to God since then and I have seen proof of God many times. Proof that neither you nor any other creature could persuade me otherwise. I love what Paul wrote in; Romans 8:38-39“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” That confidence came from prayer. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment