Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2016

Family Friday: Praise Him in the Hallway




Until God opens a door, praise Him in the hallway.

Do you ever feel like you are not sure what God wants you to do?
Do you feel like you are wandering in the wilderness with no purpose or plan?
It is like walking down a hallway looking for a door to our next phase in life or our next adventure.  The hallway with the window demonstrates how we may be able to see opportunities, but also the barriers of life such as our job, income, knowledge, and life situation.

One thing is for sure, God provides consistent and clear guidance for our journey in his word, the Holy Bible.

John 10:9 "I am the door; by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.".

 In this passage from the Bible, we find that Jesus is not only the door for the unbeliever to being saved from eternal life in the lake of fire to eternal life in heaven, but also the door for the born again believer to find pasture - all aspects of life sustenance (physical and mental wellbeing).  God knows and desires to provide the abundant life to us.

So, until God opens the next door in my journey, I will praise Him!  Why?

Because praise helps others to see His glory (greatness & awesomeness) and salvation:

"Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation (life) aright will I shew the salvation of God."  Psalm 50:23

Because Gods mercy (not giving me what I deserve) endureth (continues) forever and praise reveals Gods mercy and deliverance of my soul from hell:
Psalms 86:10 - 12 "For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone. Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.  For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell."
Psalms 106:1 “Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever.”

Because of Gods goodness and wonderful works, and righteous judgments:
Psalms 107:8,15,2,31 “Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!”
 Psalms 119:16 “Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments.
Because God hears me and saved me from the eternal lake of fire:
Psalms 118:21 “I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.”

Because praise is pleasant to God and others:
Psalms 147:1 “Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely (beautiful).”  


Because praise demonstrates God created my life:
Psalms 139:14 “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:”  

Because God has done wonderful things and his counsel is true:
Isaiah 25:1 “I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.”  


What will you do while waiting for God to open the door he has for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment