Interceding on behalf of your sons and daughters
As a parent one of the most loving things we can do is pray for our children.
· Go to God with your spouse and child. Let your child hear you pray for them.
· Thank God for the gift of your child, and for entrusting them to you.
· Confess your own faults
· Ask God to reveal any area in your life that has not been given to Him
· Ask God to cleanse you of the iniquity by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.
· Pray that God would cut off the cycle of sin in your family. Claim the truth of Psalm 103:17, that from now on righteousness would be the heritage of your children: But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;”
· Dedicate your child to God.
· Speak your desire to raise this child for the Lord. Pray that your child will come to saving knowledge of Christ at a young age.
· Pray that his life will bring glory to God.
· Ask God to give wisdom is raising this child for Him.
· Pray for them to save themselves for their future spouse
· Pray for that future spouse to save themselves also.
· Ask the Lord to reveal to you when your child has done wrong, so it can be addressed and corrected.
· Pray for and discernment in correction and discipline
· Pray for wisdom in training up your child in the way he would go.
“Train up a child in the way he should go:
and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6