One of the people that need our prayers more than any other person that you may know would be a pastor. Pastors bear their own burdens and the burdens of the many members of their church. They wear many different hats and sometimes several at the same time. These men of God need our prayers daily and sometimes several times daily. This list is not a complete list nor is this thought original with me by any means. Here are several things we need to pray daily for our pastor. It may take time to pray through the entire list every day, but praying for some of them over a period of time will be beneficial to your pastor and to you.
11. Pray that God will bring godly friends and encouragers to your pastor and his family to strengthen them for the ministry and provide meaningful fellowship and times of rest.
12. Pray that your pastor will be humble and authentic in his faith, not given to pride or hypocrisy. Pray that he will have pure motives and give God glory for every gain or victory.
13. Pray that your pastor will make wise lifestyle choices in order to protect his health, especially in the areas of exercise, eating moderately, and getting sufficient rest. Pray for times of relaxation and renewal to balance the stress of ministry.
14. Pray that your pastor will focus on the Word of God and walk in the fear of the Lord—rather than fear of man—as he prepares his messages. Pray that he will seek to please God rather than men and pursue holiness rather than the praise of men.
15. Praise God for your pastor’s leadership and pray that he will make godly decisions. Pray that he will lead with a shepherd’s heart and that he will always speak the truth in love.
16. Pray that your pastor will be courageous in the pulpit in proclaiming Christ and confident in his use of the Word of God. Pray for God to help him preach with insight, transparency, and humility.
17. Pray that your pastor will be a man committed to personal evangelism and the equipping of the saints to seek the lost. Pray that he will have a heart to develop a thriving missions program in his church.
18. Pray that your pastor will be a man of prayer and worship and that he will lead by example—teaching the congregation how to walk in a close relationship with the Father.
19. Pray that your pastor will use wise time management and that he will seek God’s perspective for his schedule, guarding his time against unnecessary interruptions.
20. Pray for a fresh divine anointing on your pastor’s ministry. Pray that God’s working will be powerfully evident both in his personal life and the spiritual life of the congregation.