One of the people that need our prayers more than any other person that you may know would be a pastor. Pastors bear their own burdens and the burdens of the many members of their church. They wear many different hats and sometimes several at the same time. These men of God need our prayers daily and sometimes several times daily. This list is not a complete list nor is this thought original with me by any means. Here are several things we need to pray daily for our pastor. It may take time to pray through the entire list every day, but praying for some of them over a period of time will be beneficial to your pastor and to you.
21. Pray that your pastor will not give in to discouragement, but will deal with inevitable criticism and conflict by committing himself into the hands of God, who judges righteously.
22. Pray that your pastor will practice servant leadership, edifying the congregation with wisdom and serving with God’s love.
23. Pray for spiritual unity in the church staff and among the spiritual leadership of the church. Pray that the enemy will not be allowed to create divisions, strife, or misunderstanding among the church leaders.
24. Pray that God will give your pastor a clear, Biblical vision of what your church can be and should be for His glory and that he will communicate that vision clearly and confidently to the church.
25. Pray that your pastor will seek God for personal revival and revival in your church and community.
26. Pray that your pastor will think Biblically, with the mind of Christ.
27. Pray that he will earnestly seek God’s will and be committed to instant and complete obedience—ready for God to work powerfully in and through his ministry.
28. Pray that he will strive for personal excellence and will believe God for all He wants to do in the congregation.
29. Pray that your pastor will be a man of faith and have a passionate love for God, not giving in to worries, fears, or an uptight and anxious spirit.
30. Pray for God to provide for the financial needs of your pastor and his family. Pray that he will be a wise steward of both personal finances and church funds.