Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2016

Monday's Message: Faithful Laborers




I do not believe that I read the Bible at all before I got saved many years ago.  But even then, I had heard of the great apostle Paul.  And he was a great man, great Christian, missionary, church planter; wonderfully used of God.
But the apostles, and pastors and evangelists we read about, and are somewhat famous; are not the only great Christians. 
As Paul is used of God to write these last words of the first letter to the Corinthians, he mentions two lesser known men in the word of God.
I Cor. 16:10-12:
10 Now if Timotheus come, see that he may be with you without fear: for he worketh the work of the Lord, as I also do.
11  Let no man therefore despise him: but conduct him forth in peace, that he may come unto me: for I look for him with the brethren.
12  As touching our brother Apollos, I greatly desired him to come unto you with the brethren: but his will was not at all to come at this time; but he will come when he shall have convenient time.
Timothy was certainly a co-laborer of the apostle Paul; as Paul called him often times; his fellow laborer.  Apollos was a gifted preacher, and exhorter, who had many followers.
Paul does not fail to mention them to the Corinthians, with the reminder to treat them with great respect; with these notable words: “for he worketh the work of the Lord, as I also do.”
But this is true of all those today; whether on the mission field in a 3rd world country, whom no one, or very few have ever heard of.  Then too, those who work hard every week, teaching a Sunday School class in a local church.  Do not they work the work of the Lord also?  They certainly do! 
I believe many will be very surprised at the judgement seat of Christ, just who is going to be so well known in heaven.
Three cheers for the faithful laborers today, and from years gone by, who pray, and study God’s word to teach it to children, teens, and adults.  Along with those who have given themselves to preach, and lift up the name of Christ and His holy word. 
These all work the work of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment