Search This Blog

Friday, June 12, 2015

Family Friday: Faith




Faith. A word I grew up hearing. I have heard a lot of people give testimonies of faith over the years. 
Faith. A word I had knowledge of, but no real or personal experience of my own. I don't have a childhood experience that stands out or even an experience as a young adult. I always thought I should have this emotional, dramatic experience of faith. The Lord has shown me and allowed me to have a very different experience of my own. 
Faith to me is quiet. Comforting. Stabilizing. Faith is going through something you never imagined you would go through and being able to because whether you realized it or not your faith was being nurtured and was growing for years. Regardless of whether we have had a life changing experience based on a feeling, when feelings are so undependable. 
Faith is not a religion or a doctrine or a conviction to me. It is a day by day, moment by moment dependence on The Lord. It is failing to have faith and realizing all over again that you do. It is a living. A living out of our faith. Everyday.

Psalm 92:1-2
It is a good thing to give thanks unto The Lord, and to sing praises unto Thy name, O most High. To shew forth thy loving kindness in the morning and thy faithfulness every night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment