Written by Mrs. Jo Beth Hooker
Thou son of man, show the house to the house of Israel...let them measure the pattern...all the ordinances...all the laws...all the forms...and write it in their sight...and do them. This is the law of the house. Ezekiel 43:10-12
As we talked about previously, God has established a pattern, according to Ezekiel chapters 40-43, for how He wants us to build our temple/s. We are a walking,talking, breathing movement that will either bring honor or dishonor to God by what we do with our temples, what we say, where we go, what we open our doors up to, how we represent the Lord Jesus in appearance etc. The right kind of temple is important! Looking at His Word we can KNOW what He wants us to know and understand how He wants our temples fashioned if one, we ask Him; two, if we read to learn. Here are a few. Look these verses up in your Bible:
1. To measure the pattern (Ez. 43:10). There is a right way and a wrong way to do everything. We cannot afford to be slothful. Diligence is one key to success.
2. Precision is the key to excellence (Ez.40:21). If you are going to do something, do it right.
3. Plans are worthless if they have no purpose (Ez. 41:25, 26).Standards protect us and the little temples we are building from ruin. Thick planks cover, shade and protect. Narrow windows keep the enemy out while still allowing in the joy of the sunlight.
4. Intricate details add both beauty and meaning to the design (Ez. 41:18-20). Honor and glory should be the foundation and purpose behind all that we do. We should only put on our walls, allow into our homes, look at, dwell on and observe those things that add to the meaning and beauty of the design.
God also tells us some things in His Word about HOW He wants the temple to appear:
1. He wants no other gods worshipped in His temple (Ex. 34:14).
2. He wants His name to be glorified there (Ps. 29:2).
3. He wants to be worshipped in the beauty of holiness there (Ps. 29:2).
4. He wants no cuttings made in our flesh for the dead (self-mutilation) or for us to print any marks upon ourselves (tattoos) (Lev. 19:28).
5. He wants us to reverence His sanctuary. This is both literal and figurative in that we are to treat h
6. His house/church with respect but also our bodies and each other's bodies with respect too. (Lev. 19:30).
Obviously, God has a plan! I challenge every reader to do a word study on the words "temple, worship, and building" and ask God to open your eyes to His Word and Truth. The Holy Spirit longs to show off God's architectural designs, His plans, His marvelous mind and to brag on His work. It is a journey of learning and adventure! Plus, it pleases Him. After all, as His apprentice, doesn't He say in His Word that I am to study to show myself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (I Timothy 2:15)? We definitely have a job to do and we need to put on our carpenter's tool belt and get with it!