Search This Blog

Monday, November 23, 2015

Monday's Message: Now and Then





This letter’s information to the Church there at Corinth was absolutely vital to their development as believers.  They had to understand the transitional period they had reached as a body of believers.  Paul through the power of the Holy Spirit was keeping them on track, by instructing them on how toavoid false doctrines andmen’s traditions based on the Law.
Just as all believers, those in Corinth needed to make a vital decision.  They needed to decide that the Word of God is absolute and that it has the authority to dictate their actions, motives, and conversations.  This type of surrender will require a more mature Christian desire; hence, the statements about childish and manly ways of thinking and speaking.
The Bible is an amazing Book!  In this passage Paul compares it to a mirror.  It is a special kind of mirror;  it allows us see ourselves as Christ sees us, and it clearly exposes the flaws that exist in our lives.  The Scriptures have been provided for us in a complete, perfect fashion as a means of understanding exactly what God’s requirements and expectations are for each of His children.  Believer, allow the Word and the Holy Spirit to mature you and bring you closer to the Father.  It is our love for God and our belief in Him that will bring us to this point, or our hatred and rebellion that will keep us from Him.
 


I Corinthians 13:11-13
1Co 13:11  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment