Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Thoughtful Thursday: What is your favorite Bible verse?




When I got the idea for this article, I put a post on social media and asked people to share their favorite Bible verse and why.  I thought that hearing others share that special verse that they hold dear, that lifts them up, encourages them, ministers to them, and would in turn do the same for others. 
I know they were a blessing to me and I hope they will be to you as well. 

Here is what was shared:

Eddie - Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”  He says that the verse says it all, without Him he can do nothing.

Emily - Isaiah 40:31 “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.

Shannon - Galatians 6:9” And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.  He says it offers us hope and purpose.

Mary - Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” & Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”

David - Philippians 4:6 “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”

Jay - Proverbs 11:30 “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.”

Johnny - Isaiah 43:2 “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.”


Misty - Philippians 4:6 “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”  She says it reminds her to trust in Him in all things and to thank Him for her blessings before coming to Him with her many requests!

Carmen - Proverbs 18:10 “The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.”  She knows no matter what she goes through, He is her strong tower!

Meredith - Psalms 62:5 “My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.  She says this is her life verse.  The Lord blessed her with this in her darkest hours of infertility.

Julie – Psalms 31:24 “Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Denise – I Samuel 7:12b “Hitherto hath the LORD helped us.”  She says that this verse has talked her down from going crazy when things seemed impossible.  She is brought back to remembering and focusing on all the Lord has done for her and her family.  When she is worried or scared, this verse washes over her with reassurance that the Lord has everything under control.

Now it’s my turn to share.  My favorite/life verse is Psalms 18:30 “As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.”  It reminds me to keep trusting in Him, even when I can’t see what lies ahead.  I can rest in the fact that His way is perfect.

Thank you to everyone who shared in this article! 
Now, I want to know…what is your favorite verse?



1 comment:

  1. I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of wonderful information, saved to my bookmarks
    Bible Verses on Giving and Receiving From God

    ReplyDelete