Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

We Pray Wednesday: Praying for the lost





The first time I heard Bro. Benny Beckum preach, he challenged us to use a note card and write down all the names of our loved ones that need to be saved. I filled out the card and began to earnestly pray for my family and friends' salvation. Two months later, I got to watch my mom bow her head and ask Christ to be her Savior. That night I scratched the first name off my list!

I challenge you to pray for your lost family and friends! Keep a list in a location that you will frequent, and pray for them each time you see it.

I Thessalonians 5:17  “Pray without ceasing”.

Paul is not referring to non-stop talking, but rather an attitude of God-consciousness and God-surrender that we carry with us all the time. Every waking moment is to be lived in an awareness that God is with us and that He is actively involved and engaged in our thoughts and actions.




No comments:

Post a Comment