Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2015

Family Friday: You Say...God Says!




I am not an introvert, but neither am I an extrovert; I am friendly, but I am not bold.  However, this seemed to be what God was asking of me in 2011.  Our church had set a goal of having 2,011 souls saved in 2011, and each member was asked to set a personal goal of souls led to Christ.  I mostly work with children by teaching Sunday School and working on a bus route, so the goal for me seemed rather daunting. My comfort zone is definitely working with younger children.
Would you believe there is a Bible verse to coincide with our difficulties?  God brought out the following verse for my particular need: II Corinthians 9:8 says “And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work.”  He wanted me to abound in the good work of spreading the Gospel, so He promised to give me the grace to accomplish it!
I began praying more specifically for boldness and an increased sense of urgency in soul-winning.  During our church’s first soul-winning marathon, I walked all over the bus station for several hours speaking and witnessing to many strangers, in front of other strangers. God added boldness to me!
Throughout the year, God continued to supply His abundant grace and sufficiency just as He promised.  I even got somewhat comfortable with “accosting” people on the sidewalk in order to share the Gospel.  Because I took God at His Word and obeyed His command, I was able to lead more souls to Christ in one year than the previous five years combined!  God will enable you to do more than you think possible when you trust Him to be sufficient for your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment