Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Teen Tuesday: Insecurity: Part Three




PART THREE: A FEELING OF FRUSTRATION! !
People enjoy feeling like they are in control. There is something comforting about
knowing that we can change or adjust whatever we want whenever we want. The
problem is, however, our lives don’t work like that. Many times the situations and
circumstances of our lives are very much...out of our control!
The result? Insecurity.
A lot of people struggle with insecurity in their life because they feel helpless and
vulnerable. They are frustrated by a lack of control. Any kind of adversity, turmoil, or
issue sends them into a downward spiral of insecurity and fear.
Again we look at Psalm 139 and we find beautiful language such as, “...thy right hand
shall hold me...For thou hast possessed my reins...” For somebody that is insecure
because they are frustrated or unsure concerning their circumstances, it is important to
remember that God is the Anchor of your life. A relationship with God will bring a
stability and tranquility that cannot be found anywhere else.
I’m a fairly confident, secure person, but last summer I remember becoming very
insecure. My girlfriend (now fiance), Johanna, had been diagnosed with stage four lung
cancer. Twenty-one year old girls aren’t supposed to have cancer. They aren’t
supposed to have to go through chemotherapy. They aren’t supposed to get so sick
that they can’t eat or drink. I felt helpless. I felt so helpless. I felt insecure.
If Johanna would have needed one million dollars to make her better - I promise I would
have found a way to come up with the money. If she would have needed me to crawl
from the east coast to the west coast on my hands and knees across broken glass - it
would have been done. But I was helpless...hopeless...out of control...and very
insecure about the whole situation.
I remember calling my dad just weeping. I told him I didn’t know what to do. I
remember my dad wisely telling me to do the only thing that I could do - trust God. I
couldn’t fix the problem so I had to rely on God to take care of the situation - which He
did. For the first time in my life, I truly understood what is was to let God be the anchor
of my life, to find stability in Him, and to securely trust Him to handle the problems that
are too much for us.
If you’re feeling frustrated about the circumstances of your life..I would urge you to
discover that God can be the anchor of your life during the most terrifying of storms.
Find God and you will find security.
Part Four: A Feeling of Fear!
Psalms 139 reads, “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:
marvellous are they works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not
hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of
the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my
members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was
none of them.”
Everybody’s life could be compared to a book. You are the star of the novel. You’re
the leading character. The whole book is about you. Interestingly enough, however,
you are not the author. God is the Author of your life. Before your parents ever
started picking out your name, God had already written down and pre-planned
everything about you. He knew how tall you’d be, how smart you’d be, how strong
you’d be, and how good-looking you’d be (or not). ! !
The exciting part about any book is not knowing what comes next. What will the next
chapter contain? How will the plot thicken and everything turn out? It’s fun and
exciting when you read a book and your mind becomes engrossed with the suspense
and thrill of what comes next - unless of course the book is about you. Then it’s not so
fun. It’s scary, It’s intimidating. It’s frightening. It creates insecurity. ! !
“Tomorrow” is a frightening thought for many. “What might be” creates hesitation and
trepidation. A great deal of fear can result from not understanding that God is the
Author of your life. He loves you. He cares about you. He wants you to be happy. He
wants you to enjoy life. He has written a book that will be captivating. There will be
drama - yes. There will be pain - yes. There will be loss - yes. Those are all parts of
every great novel. But all in all, God has written a plot that will leave you with
memories, laughs, tears, and best of all...at THE END - there is a Happily Ever After in
Heaven. ! !
Enjoy the book. Trust the Author. ! !
Insecurity: it can be a problem for nearly everyone. I hope and pray that this series has
been a small help in your life. The writing has been simplistic. The concepts have been
basic. But I promise that the application of the truth found in Psalms 139 could change
your life. !
Are you insecure because of a Feeling of Failure concerning your Past? !
! Realize that God is the Authority on your life and He has forgiven all of your
imperfections...! !
Are you insecure because of a Feeling of Frustration concerning your Present?!
! Realize that God is the Anchor of your Life and He is always in control...! !
Are you insecure because of a Feeling of Fear concerning your Future?!
! Realize that God is the Author of your Life and He has written a beautiful
masterpiece of a novel specifically about you...! !
So go ahead. Let go of the insecurity and do something great. Do something bold. ! !
Don’t be afraid of adversity - be afraid of being average. !
Don’t be afraid of men - be afraid of mediocrity.!
Don’t be afraid of the unknown - be afraid of never knowing what lies beyond the
unknown. ! !
Whatever you do...be great...and don’t you dare insult the Designer of YOU and YOUR
LIFE by letting insecurity hold you back.


No comments:

Post a Comment