Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Considering Others





I believe these verses are the “recipe” for how to “consider others”.

The definition of strife is – an altercation, fight, battle.  I’m sure that you will agree with me that trying to do something for someone else by fighting with them, really is not going to get much accomplished.  The definition of vainglory is – empty pride, boastfulness.  Pride is not going to allow much to be accomplished either.  When you and your ego are trying to do something, I can’t imagine that “considering others” is the true motivation.  Rather, you should have “lowliness of mind” or what we call “humility”. 

Looking out for the needs of others, in a humble, selfless way is the key.


I love verse 5 “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.  He is reminding us of the greatest example of humility and selflessness.  While He lived on this earth, The Son of God could have filled giant stadiums with people and performed miracles in a “look at what I can do” type of way.  If you notice though, the crowd always came to Him, He never intentionally sought them out.  He spent a lot of time with people in a one-on-one manner.  He was drawn to the poor, and the outcast in such a humble, unassuming way, rather than with a “don’t you know who I am” attitude.

I hope and pray that we can draw from these verses and Christ’s example to…consider others.

No comments:

Post a Comment