Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

We Pray Wednesday: Prayer Testimony - Joelle




My sister, Joy, and my brother-in-law are due at the beginning of November with their

third child. Planning to help with her other children while she is in delivery, my husband

and I began looking for plane tickets early. The prices were pretty steep and never

really went to a range we were comfortable paying. Frequently, my sister and I speak

on the phone and usually the conversation comes around to her pregnancy and whether

I had found tickets yet. Each time I finished my conversation with her, I would say

a quick prayer that we find some tickets soon. My husband and I were sure it would

work out. My cousin suggested I check to see how our Capital One Rewards worked

with our checking account. I knew we had rewards but had not really looked at them.

When we opened the account I had some problems accessing the rewards online.

(My husband calls me the electronic killer). Later in the week, I called a Capital One

representative and she was able to walk me through resetting the account. However, I

quickly realized we still would not be able to cover the two tickets we needed with the

reward points. The representative must have heard my disappointment and asked what

I was trying to do with the points. I explained we were planning a trip and were praying

that the rewards would help us with the cost. I was put on hold while the representative

checked the account details on the rewards. When she came back on the line she asked

the current ticket prices and then put me on hold once more. The last time she came back

to the phone, she explained that she could change our account details for the rewards to

a new way to redeem the miles. After she finished explaining the new plan, I realized

that not only would my points be enough to cover the two tickets that we needed but we

would also have leftover points! We had been so focused on the prices of the tickets while

God had already provided the tickets for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment