Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2015

Family Friday: Step of Faith




When I was 12 years old our church had it’s first faith promise missions conference. The idea of faith promise was new to me, but I stepped out and promised to give a dollar a week to missions. My parents gave my brother and me a dollar every week for allowance, but 10% of that belonged to God for my tithe, so I somehow had to come up with $0.10 each week. Believing that God would give it to me, I promised to give it to missions.
That very week my piano teacher asked me to babysit for her daughter for a couple hours each week. My very small faith of $0.10 each week was returned to me by 2000%!  Instead of a dollar each week I was now making around $20.00. Take that first step of faith. You can’t out give God!

No comments:

Post a Comment