. In your hard circumstance or tragedy or heartbreaking disappointment, you can learn to respond as Jesus did. As you study God’s Word, follow His example as God guides you by His Holy Spirit in each situation you encounter. Through your suffering, you can understand more about your Savior.
God hates pride. (See Proverbs 6:16–17.) On the other hand, (Proverbs 22:4). Therefore, . (Micah 6:8).
Ask yourself: what character qualities can God develop in me through this situation?
Your heavenly Father wants you (Romans 8:29). The Bible tells us that even the Son of God learned obedience through what He suffered. (See Hebrews 5:8.)
Carefully review the list of character qualities as you ask yourself, Which ones could be developed in my life as I respond correctly to this circumstance?
· Could I learn patience as a result of this circumstance?
· What can this situation teach me about the need for alertness?
· How can I learn obedience as a result of this situation?
· Could this suffering motivate me to express gratefulness for things I’ve previously taken for granted?
· Can I develop more compassion for others because of this experience?
I have prayed many times for the Lord to help me learn my lesson the first time through the trial. If we don’t learn the lesson God has for us, then we may have to repeat it time and again.