Search This Blog

Friday, May 8, 2015

Family Friday: Because ya know...EW!



 Written by Dr. Robert Hooker

No one wants to be sick, but all of us at times are. None of us would choose to vomit, but at times the body must expel the poison that is in us. The same is true of man, spiritually and emotionally speaking.
Proverbs 23:6-8 says “Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats:  For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee. The morsel which thou hast eaten shalt thou vomit up, and lose thy sweet words.
What we allow in, fills our hearts. Luke 6:45 says “A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.” After our hearts have been filled good or bad it will vomit out our mouths. So it is very important to be very careful of what we listen to, what we see, what we hear, what we read. If we fill ourselves with good, then good will come forth.  If we fill ourselves with bad, then bad will come forth.
The reality that we all must face is that it is virtually impossible to control everything, everywhere we go.  So inevitably, we will see, and hear that which will effect us negatively. Usually, just as a person will run to a bathroom to vomit, we seem to run to our spouse or family to vomit. This means the ones we love the most get the poison poured out on them and they will in turn become sick. 
The answer is found in Psalms 142:1-7 “I cried unto the Lord with my voice; with my voice unto the Lord did I make my supplication.  I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble.” 
There is a place and a person to whom we can vomit out all the poison that has accumulated in us. That person is God. He can take it and it will not make Him sick. David poured out his complaint and at the end of the chapter David says “I cried unto thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.  Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.  Bring my soul out of prison,that I may praise thy name:the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.”
 He poured out his complaint, but still knew God would do bountifully with him.
We too will inevitably pour out on someone.  The only one who will not be made sick by our sickness is God, so find a time and place and pour it out on Him and as all who vomit, you will feel so much better after it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment