Search This Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thoughtful Thursday: He Knows my Name




We took our kids to the beach last summer.  It was such a gorgeous day!  The sun was shining, the wind provided a nice breeze and the sand was so beautiful and white.  As I sat there, I picked up a handful of sand and let it fall through my fingers.  Sand is such a tiny granule and there is so much of it at the beach.  The number is immeasurable.  The words to the song “He knows my Name” started playing in my head.

He counts the stars one and all.
            He knows how much sand is on the shore…
            He knows my name
            Every step that I take
            Every move that I make
            Every tear that I cry
            And He knows my name
           
It amazes me that the great God above, Who knows how much sand there is everywhere, Who knows how many hairs are on my and every other living person’s head (Matthew 10:30), would know my name.  He not only knows my name, He knows everything about me.  He not only knows everyone's name, He knows everything about them as well.  It makes me feel so insignificant, yet so important all at the same time. 
It’s also a reminder that when we get caught up in ourselves, don’t forget that God has the same love and concern for all. 
He knows MY name and YOUR name and HIS name and HER name!

No comments:

Post a Comment