Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

We Pray Wednesday: Is your call going through?





YOUR CALL CANNOT GO THROUGH

One day I was trying to make a call to my wife from school.  I picked up my cell phone, dialed the number, and waited for it to ring.  The problem was that it never rang!  I waited and waited and finally looked at my phone.  IT NEVER DIALED THE NUMBER!  I could not figure out why my call had not gone through?   The problem: I was inside of a metal building! 

The Bible says, Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.  Jeremiah 33:3 
The two key words in the verse are call and answer.  Too many times we hear a verse like this and wonder why all of our prayers do not get answered.    Just like the metal building was between my phone and my wife's phone,someone or something can get between us and God.  Is there a sin in our life that is keeping our prayer from getting through to God?  Are we wondering why God is not answering our prayers?  Do we like our sin more than help from God? Are we so content in our sin that we do not want or need God to answer our prayers?

No comments:

Post a Comment