Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

We Pray Wednesday: God's Timing for Salvation



As most people do, I pray for my unsaved family members. For many years, I

have prayed for a number of them to ask for salvation and it can be frustrating and

discouraging to not see that happen immediately. My mom, sisters and I prayed for many

years for my sister-in-law, Joy, to see her need of salvation. Specifically, I remember

the girls in my family having a pow-wow with the discussion turning to Joy’s salvation.

In our minds, our brother was going to be the only person who was going to be able to

reach Joy. Of course, the Lord already knew the circumstances which would lead Joy to

Him. Her own boys, almost grown, had a great desire to see their mom get saved and

were persistent enough to continue to ask her to church. Following several of the church

services, she had some questions while driving home but was still apprehensive about

asking the Lord to save her. Several weeks later, after a family gathering, Joy asked if we

still had time to go over the plan of salvation.  Around 11 p.m. on a Saturday night, with

one of her boys sitting next to her, I was able to go over the plan of salvation with her and

lead her to the Lord!  I am sure Joy had no idea I was texting my sisters as soon as she left

my house that night. It has been so wonderful to see how the Lord works and to see her

excited when Biblical things are taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment