Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday's Message: Assembled, for better or worse?




Going to Church is a good and holy thing to do, but one can go for the wrong reasons rendering the action virtually ineffective!  You must go prepared to focus on hearing the Word and acting on what you have heard.  There seems to be a growing belief that going to church on Sunday is the majority of what Christ expects of us.  I have seen folks come with the attitude, “Well, I am here, what more do you want?”  How sad!  When I am invited to a family meal at my parent’s home, I generally bring something with me and go prepared to engage in conversation.  When we go to the Father’s house, why would our actions, intentions, or expectations be any different?  Both the individual believer and the church must operate on the same philosophy, Jesus is the head and His Word dictates our direction and actions.  When opinions are allowed to dictate the direction of the church or the believer, heresy will always be the result.  This situation reminds me of a quote by Dr. Tony Hudson, “To stop short of a Bible principle is compromise, and to go beyond a Bible principle is cultish.”  We can cause spiritual harm to our brothers and sisters in Christ if we elevate our preferences over HIS principles. We all need to worship, fellowship, and aid in discipleship inside the confines provided for us by the Word of God.


 I Corinthians 11:17-19:
17  Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. 
18  For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. 
19  For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment