Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Teen Tuesday: Insecurity - Part Two



 Written by Dave McCroskey

PART TWO: A FEELING OF FAILURE
I have a fairly extensive medical history. 30 surgeries, an innumerable number of
hospital visits, multiple medications, and an endless list of medical procedures have
combined to make me fairly resilient while facing anything unknown. I do have one
fairly significant fear though failure. I’ll admit that it’s my weakness. I hate the
thought of not being good enough...letting myself or other down...failing.

So many young people live trapped by a feeling of failure. “I’m not good enough.”
“You don’t know what I’ve done.” “I’ve already blown it.” Too many people can’t move
forward because they’re stuck in the past.
In the first six verses of Psalms 139, we discover a potentially life-changing truth: God
knows everything about us. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows us
better than anyone ever has or ever could. God is the expert on your life. God is the
Authority on your life.
God’s opinion of you trumps even your opinion of you! “O Lord, thou hast searched me,
and known me...and art acquainted with all my ways...” (Psalms 139) God knows
everything about you and whatever He says about you matters much more than the way
you may feel about yourself.
Many people feel like they are a failure. They feel like they have messed up their life
beyond restoration. From God’s perspective, however, nothing could be further from
the truth. In I Peter 2:9 the Bible says, “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal
priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises
of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:” God says, “You
are a redeemed, reclaimed, chosen, child of God! You are a saint!”
God knows everything about you and yet He thought you were important enough to die
for, and that is nothing to be insecure about!

No comments:

Post a Comment